Hi! I'm Sora and I like cats and pokemon
When Kira Kazantsev was crowned the new Miss America on Sunday night, a feeling of déjá vu set in.
Not only was she white — like all but nine of the 94 winners before her — she also fit snugly into a narrowly defined standard of Western female attractiveness: early 20s, long flowing hair and a thin, painstakingly tanned physique that would not seem out of place in a Victoria’s Secret catalog.
In many ways, the Miss Indian World pageant’s definition of what American beauty truly entails is the ideological antithesis to Miss America. Indeed, since 1984, this five-day competition based in Albuquerque, N.M., has honored Native American woman for their contributions to their communities, not their bikini bodies. The top award is given to the contestant who “best represents her culture,” according to Al Jazeera.
Roxy decided that she needed to be in the photo
This makes me laugh so hard. Like a photobombing bird torpedo.
Congratulations on your recreation of the classic surrealist painting Man in a Bowler Hat by Rene Magritte (1964)
Since Halloween is coming up soon, I figured I would try to make a small guide on how to tell if something is a jumpscare video or not. Please keep in mind that this isn’t 100% accurate, and the best thing to do is use your own judgement.
That said, usually a video contains a jumpscare if:
- It tells you to look closely or to turn the music up, or already has small/poor quality images and quiet music
- If it’s on Youtube, the comments and ratings will either have poor reactions (ex. “wtf is wrong with you!!! that scared my (insert younger family member here)”) or be disabled.
- The most recently circulated one (a flashing/screaming image of Jeff the Killer) is a .swf file, so if you’re sent a suspicious link, hover over it. If it ends in .swf, it’s best to just not open it.
- The most popular jumpscares are “Relaxing Car Ride,” “Scary Maze,” “Subliminal Images and Music,” “Michael Jackson Ghost,” “Kikia,” and “Where’s Waldo?”
Also keep in mind that Youtube now enables automatically-repeating videos, meaning that some screamers may repeat themselves over and over until you close the window (in non-Youtube instances, the site may even make it to where you can’t close the window, meaning that you or someone else has to unplug your computer).
Someone messaged me recently about tinyurls, and how people have been using them to send people jumpscares. If you have a concern regarding a tinyurl, add preview. to the beginning of the url (including the period!) so that it will show you what the link leads to! for example, if the link was “tinyurl.com/6c8nryl”, you would type “preview.tinyurl.com/6c8nryl” (for those who are worried, the url leads to cuteroulette)
Again, stay safe!
Yaoi: ” Oh no there is no way you’re going to put that “thing” in me”
Bara: ” Gimme that dick”
water is fucked up because you need it to live and then it drowns you just because it can
Oxygen’s even more fucked up because you need it to process your most basic functions and from the very first breath you take, it is already working on oxidizing literally every part of you. We spend our whole lives being broken down by oxygen, one chemical reaction at a time.
Science side is morbid tonight
- How to do taxes
- What taxes are
- How to vote
- What political parties are
- How to write a resume/cover letter/anything related to getting a job
- How to write a check/balance a check book
- Anything to do with banking
- How to do…
tips to write college papers
- begin with “buckle your seatbelts, motherfuckers, because in eight short pages i am going to learn u a thing that i only learned myself about two hours ago, so sit down, shut up, and enjoy the experience of my 4-am-redbull-induced-self-hatred-fuelled-writing-extravaganza”
- erase when finished with the paper
BUT THIS ACTUALLY WORKS
MAKE SURE YOU ERASE IT THOUGH
There are few things more glorious than a friend’s sketchbook.
my god it’s so true
One of the more helpful and insightful things I’ve seen about depression/suicide in the last couple of days.
I know this is late but I was in the hospital and dealing with my own suicidality when Robin Williams died. One of the hardest things for me to deal with about my chronic mental health issues (besides my symptoms) is that if I finally die because of them, almost nobody will remember me for my fight. No one will remember me for somehow managing to live past 16; 20; 22; 25. Instead I’ll be remembered for failing to live longer than I did. I can’t think of any other chronic high-fatality illness in which people memorialize your death as a failure instead of a life-long struggle.
things to consider:
- lady assassins
- lady assassins WITH GIRLFRIENDS
- lady assassins with girlfriends who are ALSO lady assassins
lady assassins with girlfriends who are also lady assassins but they don’t know about each other’s secret double life
Mrs and mrs smith
Staring Natalie Dormer
And Lucy Liu
YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH I’D PAY
Cat Knitted V Neck Cardigan